About Me

I'm a lover of life. I was once blind and now I see. My dreams are in full color now.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mommy's little helper


The other day I went in to get Tobin from his crib and found him standing up. I thought "Oh, no, here we go". His crib seems to be his warm up space where he gets all of his practice. Well, since that day he has been discovering a whole new level of life. His perspective has gone from 6 inches off of the ground to about 29 inches off of the ground. With Tobin's perspective changing, so does mine I am looking at our house in a totally new way. Our house is pretty much a death trap. YIKES!!! Everywhere I look I see something that Tobin could pull over on him or put in his mouth. Everywhere Tobin looks he sees a new adventure. The kid has no fear. It's funny how we wish they had a little fear at this age but when they get a little older we wished some of that fear would go away, only to return when they are teenagers, of course.

Since Tobin has gained this new perspective on life he thinks he should be doing whatever it is that I'm doing. He grunts in frustration if he can't get where I am and help. Everytime the dishwashwer opens he comes flying to help. He loves to splash in the leftover water and how the bottom shelf rolls back and forth. If only this love for the dishwasher would stick around. But, for right now knives and glass dishes aren't really the best objects for Tobin to be playing with.

No comments: