About Me

I'm a lover of life. I was once blind and now I see. My dreams are in full color now.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Feeling sorry for my first baby




I am so feeling sorry for Tobin. He used to be the center of our attention and now there is another little, person sharing the lime light. It's breaking my heart. This feeling has been a total shock to my system. I just want to cuddle with him and try to explain to him what has just happened to his small, little world.

I'm trying not to let precious moments with Tobin slip on by. He is at such a fun age right now. He's finally starting to say some words and he's copying everything we do and say. The other day my mom had him in Target and it sounded like Tobin kept saying "Oh, sh@#$*t" over and over. We finally figured out that he was saying "Let's see". I guess my mom and I both have a habbit of saying "Let's see". Too funny.

Another funny moment...... Tobin loves to take out my canned goods from the pantry. The other day he was organizing the cans but this time he kept giving them a kiss. I thought it was the cutest thing. He would place a can on the table and give it a kiss. He placed about 6 cans on the table and repeated the kissing to all of the cans. Later my mom went to put the cans away and noticed they were really sticky. Little did we know that the honey jar had leaked out onto all of my cans in the pantry. Tobin wasn't kissing the cans hew as licking the honey off of the cans. :)

Oh, my sweet, sassy little toddler. He's staying with my parents for the next couple of days so he can get some undivided attention. I cried when I put him in the car yesterday. This is hard. I told Rob last night that I wish we could raise Tobin till he's 18 years old and then have the second baby. I so want to give all of my attention to each boy and that just can't happen.

2 comments:

Grandpa Black said...

He's with us?!

Grandma Black said...

You and Rob are such good parents I'm sure you will be able to balance your attention between the two beautiful sons God has blessed you with. So very thankful that I could be there to keep Tobin company.