About Me

I'm a lover of life. I was once blind and now I see. My dreams are in full color now.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And then there were 3

Meet Ander Elijah. Ander "Strong and Courageous", Elijah "God is my Lord". We thought we needed a strong and courageous to make it in the world of two older brothers. Ander was born on Dec. 27th, his due date, with quite a bit of help. He was 8 lbs 1 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Ander has proven that all births are unique. He has quite the birth story. I was supposed to be induced on Dec. 28th(the day after my due date). I went in for my last dr. apt to have a non-stress test and an ultra sound. When they did the non-stress test at 9:30am they found that Ander's heart rate was high. They sent me to the Women's Evaluation Unit and observed the baby's heart rate for a couple of hours. At that time I wasn't dialated at all. My Dr. came to see me and suggested I just stay and get the induction going. OOPS!!! We had nothing packed. Rob ran home to get our things-we were so not prepared. Little did we know that we really weren't prepared for what was to come. They broke my water when Rob returned(around 1pm). When they broke my water little Ander's hand slid above his head. At that time they said I would have to have a c-section if his hand did not slide back into position. A lot of people tried to reposition the baby but no such luck. When I was at 8cm my dr. asked me to start pushing to see if Ander's hand would move back into position but no such luck. After I pushed a couple of times I was rushed into surgery. Ander was born at 10:59pm. Having a c-section was so hard. I had the shakes so bad, through the whole surgery. I wasn't even able to hold Ander after he was born because I was shaking so much. Everything went well and all is healthy. The little stinker probably would have been my easiest delivery. He was my smallest and by far the smallest head of all 3 of the boys. We are blessed.
Proud Papa
Our sweet littlest man

1 comment:

Grandma Black said...

We are happy to have Ander Elijah join our family...he is beautiful!